Time & Location
Jan 20, 8:45 AM – 11:00 AM
Taste of Texas, 10505 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX 77024, USA
About the Event
Coordinator: Nohemi Passey
Ages: 8yrs old & up
For questions and comments, use this forum: https://www.thehomeschoolcouncil.org/forum/taste-of-texas
Only RSVP if are 100% sure you'll attend. The venue reserved 100 tickets for CHC.
Please read the instructions given by the venue:
Please arrive as close to 8:45 am as possible so we can start the tour on time. Please read below for other important information regarding your Taste of Texas school tour.
- School tour are geared for 4th grade Texas History students. Parents are welcome to come. We ask no one under 8 years of age attend, no toddlers or infants. Attendees must consist of students, teachers, parents.
- No peanut oil or peanut products are used in the restaurant except our snickers pie, which contains snickers candy
- The tour begins at 9 am and is followed by lunch. The restaurant opens at 11 am for lunch, so students must be finished and loaded on the bus by 11 am.
- Lunch is chicken tenders, French fries and sprite for everyone (students, teachers, and parents). We cannot accommodate any special dietary needs or requests. Students with dietary restrictions are welcome to bring a lunch in so they can eat with their friends.
- There is no charge for lunch
- To ensure kids get the most out of the tour, teachers and chaperones need to remain with the students for the duration of the presentation. This includes the seated presentation, the kitchen tour and lunch.
RESTROOMS – at the front of the restaurant that are available to attendees, however, please encourage all student to take care of their restroom needs prior to departing for Taste of Texas.
SHOES – We want to encourage everyone to wear sturdy shoes, as students do get to tour the kitchen – the floor is very slippery!
CANCELLATION – No cancellation on the day of, if you can not attend, let your field trip coordinator know two days in advance, as we prepare food for all attendees. Again, this helps our food and tour preparation.
STUDENTS are not to bring notebooks, cell phones, cameras, bags or any objects in hand for the tour. Parents, please no cell phone use, including texting, during the presentation.
Thank you for reviewing and considering all the details involved in planning a Taste of Texas tour. We are thrilled to have you as our guests. Please know your cooperation benefits everyone and ensures a great time for your students. We will do our very best to make your field trip awesome! We look forward to seeing you!
Tour & lunch
Student 8 yrs old & up