Time & Location
Mar 02, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM CST
Telge Park, 12400 Pleasant Grove Rd, Cypress, TX 77429, USA
About the Event
Coordinators: Amanda Graves & Rachel Hallila
Ages: all ages
For questions or comments, please use this forum: https://www.thehomeschoolcouncil.org/forum/nature-explorers
Class Name: Nature Explorers
Format: Gather on blankets at Base Camp, eat snack or lunch while we introduce topic (via book/poem), then go exploring, and wrap up with craft or show and tell.
Rules & Guidelines:
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for their own child/children at all times during all events/meetings.
- Parents/Guardians must insure that all members of their family/party know the group rules.
- All individuals, adults and children, must stay with the group at all times.
- If you need to leave, please inform one of the volunteers.
- During all events make sure that your child is within your view, younger children must be a sprint-reach away.
- No child should lead/leave the group without an adult; likewise, no child should be left behind without an adult.
General Supplies: blanket, lunch or snacks, water, bug spray, sunscreen, magnifying glass, identification books or apps, anything else that encourages your kid to explore nature, and be sure to wear clothing that can get messy!
Note About Base Camp: Always check comments' section after arrival - we will use that area to communicate any location changes or helpful information.
A note about rainy weather: If there is lightning/thunder or any other dangerous weather, then we will cancel. If we land a perfectly fun rainy day, then we will enjoy a rainy walk at Little Cypress Creek Reserve - getting a peek at how the woods and wildlife react to rain.
Please keep your RSVP updated. If you need to cancel your ticket do so as soon as you know you can’t make it. Post on this forum to cancel your ticket: https://www.thehomeschoolcouncil.org/forum/i-need-to-cancel-my-tickets
SPECIFIC EVENT INFORMATION:
About the Park: This park is nicely shaded, with bathrooms. Easy access for strollers and wagons. Base Camp is behind the playgrounds, in front of the bridge that leads to trails in the woods.
*This event includes live earthworms that can go home with children (with your permission). We will plant seeds in cups and add a worm to help enrich the soil! Having a ready cup holder will be perfect for the ride home.
Bring: General supplies.