Thu, Nov 02|
Nature Explorers: Squirrels and Oak Trees - Kickerillo Park
Time & Location
Nov 02, 2023, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM CDT
Kickerillo Park, 20215 Chasewood Park Dr, Houston, TX 77070, USA
About the Event
Coordinators: Amanda Graves & Rachel Hallila
Ages: all ages
For questions or comments, please use this forum: https://www.thehomeschoolcouncil.org/forum/nature-explorers
Class Name: Nature Explorers
Day and Time: 1st and 3rd Thursdays at 11am
Join us as we practice paying attention to the natural world around us. We will meet at various nature areas throughout the year to learn and play. Each gathering will have a different focus which the coordinators will talk about throughout the exploration. We love celebrating each child as they share or try something new.
Format: Gather on blankets at Base Camp, eat snack or lunch while we introduce topic (via book/poem), then go exploring, and wrap up with craft or show and tell.
Rules & Guidelines:
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for their own child/children at all times during all events/meetings.
- Parents/Guardians must insure that all members of their family/party know the group rules.
- All individuals, adults and children, must stay with the group at all times.
- If you need to leave, please inform one of the volunteers.
- During all events make sure that your child is within your view, younger children must be a sprint-reach away.
- No child should lead/leave the group without an adult; likewise, no child should be left behind without an adult.
General Supplies: blanket, lunch or snacks, water, bug spray, sunscreen, magnifying glass, identification books or apps, anything else that encourages your kid to explore nature, and be sure to wear clothing that can get messy!
Note About Base Camp: Always check comments' section after arrival - we will use that area to communicate any location changes or helpful information.
This is a ticketed event. Please select a ticket for each child attending so that we have an accurate head count for supplies. The event will close the Monday evening prior to each week’s meeting.
Please keep your RSVP updated. If you need to cancel your ticket do so as soon as you know you can’t make it. Post on this forum to cancel your ticket: https://www.thehomeschoolcouncil.org/forum/i-need-to-cancel-my-tickets
SPECIFIC EVENT INFORMATION: Squirrels and Oak Trees - Kickerillo Park
About the Park: Kickerillo Park is shaded by trees, and has great bathrooms (and showers, should your kid need one). Easy access for strollers and wagons. There is water along the path we will be exploring. Base camp will be at the benches and podium, behind the restrooms.
Bring: General supplies.
One ticket per kid$0.00