Tue, Mar 28|
Main Street Theater
Miss Nelson Is Missing School - the musical
Time & Location
Mar 28, 10:50 AM – 12:30 PM
Main Street Theater, 3400 Main St, Houston, TX 77002, USA
About the Event
Coordinator: Natalia Martinez
Ages: 4 yrs old & up. Children under the age of 3 are NOT allowed into the theater. This includes sleeping babies.
Price: $8 per person
For questions and comments, please use this forum: https://www.thehomeschoolcouncil.org/forum/miss-nelson-is-missing
Miss Nelson Is Missing
“The kids in Room 207 were misbehaving again. Spitballs stuck to the ceiling. Paper planes whizzing through the air. They were the worst-behaved class in the whole school.” But when Miss Nelson disappears and the mean-looking substitute Miss Viola Swamp takes her place, the children are so desperate they hire a detective to find Miss Nelson in this wacky whodunit hit!
INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE VENUE:
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE READ THROUGH ALL OF THEM COMPLETELY.
* Everyone entering the theater must have a ticket, including all teachers and parent chaperones. The theater does not allow children under the age of 3 (including sleeping babies) into the theater. Chaperones will be asked to remain in the lobby with any underage children for the duration of the performance.
* Student matinee performances are not public performances. All tickets (including accompanying parents) must be arranged through the School/Daycare/Home School. Individual tickets are not available for these performances. Please do not ask parents to call the theater.
* Inclement weather – If a performance is canceled due to inclement weather or any “act of God” then a performance credit will be provided for an alternate show. There are no refunds for performances cancelled.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
* Seating is on a first come, first serve basis when the whole group has arrived. This is based on the school that checks in first not that arrives first. Anybody arriving late will cause the whole group to check-in late.
* We do not allow chewing gum, food or drinks inside the theater. Please have your student’s dispose of these items before entering the theater. Students
ENTERING THE THEATER
All schools will line up outside before the performance. If it is cool weather, please remind your students to bring proper outer wear. We will lead your school into the theater in a single file line. Seating begins no earlier than 20 minutes before show time. The restrooms are located in the courtyard and are available before and after the show.
Performances must start on time. If your school arrives late, you will be asked to wait until after the show to use the restroom. For that reason, please plan on arriving early and not right at show time.
If the previous performance started a little late or is running long it might necessitate seating a little later than expected. Please be patient. All schools will get into the theater. Please remember that run times are approximate. Our shows are live and we cannot guarantee that the length will be the same from one day to the next.
Street parking is available from 9:00am – 4:00pm and /or at the Garage on Hollman and Travis. Caravans of cars and school vans may find street parking in the area or in the local garage.
DURING THE PERFORMANCE
Please utilize the restrooms before or after the performance and have everyone remain seated for the duration of the show.
MST wants each and every patron to enjoy the show. Please remind your students of proper theater etiquette during a performance. If we notice inappropriate behavior such as throwing food or other items onto the stage we will stop the performance and ask the whole school to leave without a refund. This is very dangerous and we take it very seriously.
As a courtesy to the actors and the other patrons, please remind all of the adults attending with your school that we do not allow children under the age of 3 into the theater. This includes sleeping babies.
Photography and videotaping are not allowed during the performance due to our contractual obligations. Each school is emailed a copy of the cast photo along with their survey after their performance.
LEAVING THE THEATER
After the performance and question and answer time is over, a TY representative will dismiss each school. Please have your students remain seated until that time. If you would like your school to use the restroom before leaving, please tell the representative and she will let you know what to do.
MST has a zero tolerance for drugs and/or alcohol. Any student caught with an illegal substance will not be admitted into the theater!
MST cannot sell individual tickets to parents and chaperones. If your school chooses to invite parents to attend the performance, please include them in your number count and notify the theater in advance.
Please do NOT ask parents to call the theater. All monies due to the theater from parents need to be collected by the school representative and turned in with the school balance.
Arrive to the theater
Check-in as a group
4 yrs old & up including adult