Tue, Oct 24|
Dewberry Farm field trip
Let’s have fun at Dewberry farm!
Time & Location
Oct 24, 2023, 8:50 AM – 2:00 PM CDT
Dewberry Farm, 7705 FM 362, Brookshire, TX 77423, USA
About the Event
Coordinator: Nohemi Passey
Ages: all ages
$11 per person
Kids 2 yrs old and under FREE
If you have questions or comments use this forum: https://www.thehomeschoolcouncil.org/forum/dewberry-farm
Please RSVP by October 17th.
Please be at the door by 8:50 a.m.
Activities include: Corn Maze, Slide Mountain, Sports Ball Zone, Pedal Carts, Jumping Pillows, Roller Slide, Black Momba, Fort DewHickey, Farmer Flinger, Hay Mountain, Waldo's Box Car Train, Dewville Express Train Ride, Imagination Choo Choo, Spring Town, Spider Web, Horse Shoo Lake, Windmill Park, Pumpkin Hollar, Cackle Palace, Goatel 6, Rubber Duck Races, Barnyard Animals, Puzzle Maze, Tether Ball, Little Farmersville with Farmers Market, Sound Garden. School Children may select a mini pumpkin to take home as they exit the farm (while supplies last).
Lunch is not provided by the farm. Everyone should bring a sack lunch. A concession stand and the Country Store will be open for purchases.
The farm requires that we do not break into small groups with less than 10 people.
Upon arrival at the farm:
- Enter through the Blue gate and proceed to the yellow building to meet up with the other CHC families.
- Nohemi will check-in our group and handle payment at the ticket windows. A Dewberry Farm staff member will be waiting to greet us. Dewberry will need to know the exact number of children and adults in attendance, please be at the farm by 8:50 am.
- All members of CHC will be led to the pavilion where everyone will be seated for a short orientation to the farm.
- Each adult in our group will receive a map and a list of the activities that are included in our tour of the farm.
- Restrooms are in the front of Mattie's pavilion. Additional restrooms are located just outside of Mattie's pavilion, just past Slide Mountain and near the Country Store.
Field Trip Policies
- Children must be supervised at all times by an adult. Dewberry Farm does not provide supervision for field trip participants. This includes teenagers who must be accompanied by a chaperone at all times.
- This is a farm. Please make sure children wear clothing that can get dirty. Also, closed toed shoes are highly recommended. Sunscreen and hats are encouraged on warm days. Jackets may be needed later in the season for cooler / windier days.
- Many of the activities the farm offers for field trip tours are not handicap accessible. Please be aware that some students with special needs may not be able to participate in all activities or may require special assistance depending on their unique abilities.
Field Trip Dynamic:
- Dewberry Farm does not provide a tour guide for our field trip. You may rotate through the activities in any order you like. Please do not break out into smaller groups of ten to tour the farm.
- Dewberry Farm staff members will monitor several activities. Please wait for instructions from staff members at these activities.
- Stop by the Country Store (Fall and Christmas only) for souvenirs, t-shirts, jarred goods, honey, toys, and household décor. Students must have adult supervision in the Country Store.
- Ticket type
Child 3-17 yrs oldPrice$11.00
- Ticket type
- Ticket type
Child 2 yrs old or youngerPrice$0.00