1st Annual CHC Spelling Bee
Time & Location
About the Event
- Host: Nora Ponder
- Ages: Kindergarten thru High School
- Ask questions here: Spelling Bee | Homeschool Council (thehomeschoolcouncil.org)
- To be eligible you must have attended one practice and paid the family fee of $10 on or before May 15th.
- The Bee will start promptly at 1:30. Competing participants must arrive at 1:00 PM.
- Guests are welcomed and encouraged.
- Please register children for spelling bee by May 15th and RSVP no later than May 28th regarding guests.
SPELLING BEE GUIDELINES:
- No talking during the bee unless it is your turn. You will be immediately disqualified for talking.
- Dress in nice clothes, dresses or skirts should fall below the knee when sitting.
- Remember to speak clearly and loudly so there is no confusion on what you said. Confusion will lead to being judged as incorrect.
- Relax, Breath and have fun!
- No motioning, mouthing or speaking to participants during the contest. Doing any of these things will result in you being removed from the Spelling Bee. Please be as silent as possible.
- Please remain until the last round to show respect for all participants.
- Relax and enjoy the beauty of kids showing what they know and having the courage to stand up and try their best!
Each family that has a participating spelling bee competitor needs to purchase a competing family ticket. Each spectator needs a free spectating ticket so we can plan for the number of guests. By purchasing a ticket, you agree to all of the above spelling bee guidelines.
- Free Spectating Ticket$0$00$0
- Competing Family Ticket$10$100$0